BRAND NEW Silva Ranger 2.0 US Liquid-Filled Mirror Sighting Compass Orange w/Scale Lanyard.
An advanced mirror sighting compass with quadrant graduations for experienced users and professionals with high demands on accuracy, precision and durability. Ranger 2.0 represents the next step within advanced outdoor navigation.
If the terrain demands a mirror sighting compass, Ranger 2.0 is your optimal companion. The compass comes with a slope card and a distance lanyard. The slope card is great both for detecting Avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. The distance lanyard has four scales on it; 1:24k, 1:25k, 1:50k and 1:62.5, which facilitates measuring the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place it directly on to your route on the map
A mirror sighting compass should be your choice when you must determine direction over long distances. With the mirror tilted to a 45-degree angle, you can check your direction by looking at the bezel in the mirror while sighting in the correct direction of travel. Because you needn’t lift your eyes from the compass in order to look into the terrain, the direction determined with the Silva 1-2- 3 System® becomes more accurate.
Ranger 2.0 features DryFlex™ grip for easy handling, a clinometer for measuring slope angle and comes with a built-in adjuster for magnetic declination, magnifying lens and rubber friction feet for precision map work. It also features map-measuring in mm, inches, scales of 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:24k USGS scale and GPS scales. The scales and markings in a clear contemporary font combined with lots of transparency in the baseplate makes navigating easier – when activated in light the luminous markings enable night time navigation. The red/black north-south lines in the capsule bottom ensures easy and safe settling. The needle is made from finest Swedish steel with high quality magnetic features.
- Type of compass: Baseplate, MN, Silva 1-2-3 System Mirror sighting compass
- Scales: Base plate: 1:25k, 1:50k, mm, inch, 1:24k mile, GPS scales - Lanyard: 1:24k, 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:62.5k
- Turnable housing usable with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Sapphire jewel bearing for friction-free movement of the compass needle
- WATERPROOF - Withstands tough weather conditions
- SCALE LANYARD - 2 scales, soft and bendable, easy to place directly on to your route on the map
- SLOPE CARD - Calculate avalanche risk, determine how challenging your journey will be
- BUILT IN MAGNIFIER - For detailed map reading
- DRYFLEX™ RUBBER GRIP - Easy handling of the compass/Great grip
- HOT STAMPED GRAPHICS - Extra durable
- SIGHTING SYSTEM - Extra precision
- Declination scale inside the capsule to simplify the calculations required
- Clinometer, declination adjustment, magnifying lens
- Accuracy: 2°
- Graduation: 360°
- Red/black N/S lines in capsule ensure easy and safe settling
- Illumination: 4 hours after activation in light, Luminous markings
- Detachable safety-release scale lanyard, Slope card
- 5-Year Warranty
- Silicon friction feet
- Liquid filled capsule, High quality Swedish steel needle, Hardened steel pivot
- Temperature operating range: -20 to +60 °C, (-4°F – +140°F)
- Size Folded: 60.5x110x20 mm (2.4”x4.3”x0.8”)
- Colors: Clear & black with orange accents
- Weight: 86 g (3 oz)
You will receive: 1 Silva compass.
Retail packaging, and shipped in a poly envelope. Shipping weight 5 oz.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us before or after the sale - we want you to be a happy customer!
Thanks for looking!