BRAND NEW National Geographic Trails Illustrated Colorado Backpack Loops North Topographic Map Guide.
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map Guide
Colorado is renowned for its outdoor recreational opportunities. One of these pastimes is, of course, backcountry hiking. The Colorado Backpack Loops North Topographic Map Guide covers a dozen backpack loops selected by National Geographic staff for their diversity, remoteness, and inspiring vistas. Each page of the Topographic Map Guide includes a detailed map of the trail with directions to the trailhead from the nearest major town as well as a trail profile with mileages to foreshadow the elevation changes that will be met along the way. GPS coordinates are also provided for strategic points along the trail to help with navigation.
The trails are organized by the number of nights backpackers can expect to be in the backcountry, from one to more than three. They range from 8 to 25 miles long with elevation gains from 2,000 to over 7,000 feet. Written descriptions of each trail give an overview of the natural features that will be encountered along the way as well as the length, total elevation gain, and nearest town to each trailhead. This Topographic Map Guide will get you into the wild lands of northern Colorado that most hikers in the country can only dream about.
More convenient and easier to use than folded maps, but just as compact and lightweight, National Geographic's Topographic Map Guide booklets are printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper with stainless steel staples. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
- Accurate topography/terrain with clearly labeled details
- Full UTM grid for GPS use
- Each page provides detailed map of the trail
- Trailheads, major towns, and directions
- Trail profile includes mileages, elevation changes
- Loops range from 8 to 25 miles
- Trail descriptions include natural features, length, elevation gain, nearest town
- Detailed topographic maps
- Booklet format - more convenient and easier to use than folded maps
- Waterproof and tear-resistant paper with stainless steel staples
- Scale: 1:63,360 and 1:40,680
- Size: 4.25" x 9.38"
- Weight: Approx. 3.2 oz
TIP: For lower prices on our maps, check out our promotions (click the link above the picture). Here is the info: Purchase 2 - 3 maps and get 10% off, 4 or more will get you 15% off! This promo includes ALL of our maps. For example, purchase 2 Trails Illustrated maps, 1 Destination map, and 1 Adventure map (total of 4) and get 15% off!! Just put everything in your shopping cart and you will see the savings!
You will receive: 1 National Geographic Topographic Map Guide.
OEM packaging, shipped in a poly envelope. Shipping weight 4 oz.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us before or after the sale - we want you to be a happy customer!
Thanks for looking!